Modules for the Culturally Competent and Compassionate LGBT+ inclusive education MOOC
The IENE9 LGBT+ project aims to enable learner/teacher/supervisors of theory and practice to enhance their knowledge and skills regarding LGBT+ issues by supporting the inclusion of LGBT+ issues within health and social care curricula.
This document is a compendium of all modules and their material as developed by the partner organizations.The modules are based on the curriculum model and training curriculum that were developed during the IENE 9 project.
- There are five modules; while the first week is an Orientation to the MOOC and the training:
- A module on the construct of culturally competent and compassionate awareness;
- A module on the construct of culturally competent and compassionate knowledge;
- A module on the construct of culturally competent and compassionate sensitivity;
- A module on the construct of culturally competent and compassionate practice;
- A synthesis module.
These modules will be used in implementing MOOC on Culturally Competent and Compassionate LGBT+ Inclusive Education.
The MOOC is an innovative training model using. The MOOC content is based on the Papadopoulos (2014) model for Culturally Competent Compassion. The model consists of four constructs- Culturally Aware and Compassionate Learning, Culturally Knowledgeable and Compassionate Learning, Culturally Sensitive and Compassionate Learning and Culturally Competent and Compassionate Learning. For each construct a module has been developed, organized by a user-friendly form with links, resources, videos, quizzes and so on.